A short ride by motorbike takes you to the famed site of the Cu Chi tunnels. The nerve centre for the Vietnamese army where they mounted surprise attacks against both the French and the American invasions. Despite the heavy damage of the region, it has since been rebuilt and now Cu Chi has been become a major producer of rubber trees, vegetables and rice.
Tràm Chim National Park is situated in Tháp Mười, Đồng Tháp Province, an ideal destination for nature lovers( well – known for endless rice paddies and vast lotus ponds ). This national park was created to protect several rare birds, especially the Sarus Crane, a species listed in the IUCN Red Book.
Your guide will meet you at your hotel at 8am for an early morning drive from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi District. After driving 30 kilometres on bustling city streets, the scenery changes to beautiful countryside, with views of rice paddies and tropical jungle. Our destination, the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, is an incredible 200-kilometre underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese Viet Cong resistance fighters during the French and American wars. The tour starts with the Ben Dinh section of the tunnel. During the tour, you’ll be able to picture what life was like for the people who lived in these tunnels, and the incredible conditions they endured. At Cu Chi you’ll also have the opportunity to shoot Russian Carbine rifles and AK 47s at a firing range. After a Vietnamese lunch, we’ll continue driving, passing a rubber tree plantation and countless verdant rice paddies on the way to Tram Chim National Park where we’ll stay overnight.
After breakfast at the hotel we’ll take a relaxing boat ride through the mangroves to a sanctuary that is home to some of Vietnam’s most rare and beautiful birds. Tram Chim covers 76 square kilometres, and its bird sanctuary is home to 168 bird species. Among the protected birds that can be spotted here is the iconic red-headed crane, or sarus crane. After taking time to explore the natural wonders within the sanctuary, we’ll stop for lunch in a local restaurant before beginning the drive back to Ho Chi Minh City. The tour ends in the city around 5pm.
|Riders||Numbers of Riders|
|Self – riders||261||226||209||236||223||219||213||214||209|
- All rates are quoted for one person in US dollars and valid until Oct 31st 2017
- This trip is designed for both self-riders and pillion passengers ( You enjoy the rides behind your driving guides).
- We aim to please our self-riders and pillion passengers If tours offered by Myrides.vn do not suit your needs. We would be more than happy to customize your trip.
Tour price includes:
- An experienced English-speaking tour guide/ tour leader
- Motorbike (Driving guide for pillion passengers)
- Boat rides
- Entrance fees
- 1 night hotel accommodation based on Twin/Double share
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches
- Travel insurance
Tour price excludes:
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity, tips